To get the most out of your beautiful Little Orchid Lane candles, we've included a helpful Candle Care guide.
- Always read the warning labels on the bottom of your candles.
- The first burn of your new Soy Candle is the most important. Soy wax has a memory, so please ensure your candle reaches a full melt pool, with the wax melting all the way to the edge of the container on each burn, especially the first. This will ensure a tunnel-free burn for the entirety of your candle.
- Trim your wicks! Try to ensure your wick is kept to 5mm long at all times. This allows for an even burn, limits mushrooming and sooting and keeps the flame under control. Make sure you extinguish the flame, allow to cool, remove any debris before you trim your wick and relight. Be sure not to trim it too short or it will become engulfed by the wax.
- Your candle is finished when you have 1-1.5cm left at the bottom of your jar. Do not continue to burn past this safety point as it greatly increases the chance of the jar shattering.
- A draft is your candles worst enemy. Keep your candle away from ceiling fans, high traffic areas, and vents. Aside from being a safety issue, any form of air current can cause uneven burning, smoking, diminish the scent throw and even decrease the burn time.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended. Extinguish all candles when you leave a room unattended. This includes tea lights in melt burners.
- Ensure your candle is placed on an even, heat-resistant surface.
- Store your candles on a flat surface in a cool area away from direct sunlight. Candles are sensitive to temperature and light. Some fragrances with vanilla in them may yellow if exposed to this, it's normal and doesn't affect the burn of the candle.
Lastly, enjoy your stunning Little Orchid Lane candles! xo